Count your many blessings

Monday, December 1, 2008

I don't mean to get preachy or anything but it all started on Sunday. I was preparing my lesson for my primary class and it was about Ether and the Jaredites. One of the attention activities they suggested was the "Cycle of History" how you start out being righteous so then you receive blessings, then your dealing with prosperity which leads to pride which leads to wickedness. Then your suffering and you realize why your suffering so you humble yourself and repent. It brought to my attention that I need to be better about appreciating all my blessings I have in my life and not take it for granted.

I was in the kitchen today cooking (surprise surprise!) and I was thinking about everything I have in my life that I absolutely love. I love that I have more time in the day to cook yummy meals for my family. I'm trying lots of new recipes and experimenting. I never realized how much I love to cook.

I feel so blessed that I can work from home now and can spend so much more time with Kate. I love that since I am working from home I can control the hours I work 100%. I'm not paying booth rent, so I don't feel like I have to fill up a whole day to make it worth working. I can therefore spend a lot more time with Ryan in the evenings.

I feel blessed to have a roof over my head. I feel blessed I have a great neighborhood. We have the best ward. Everyone is so friendly and it's great.

I feel blessed to have such a great family. Every time Ryan and I are coming home from being with family, whether it's the Moffitt's or Smith's, I always say how much I love our family and how lucky we are that we have such great families and that we all get along so well.

It's pretty obvious but I love Kate so so much. I love her more and more every day. She also is getting happier every day. She cries less and less. I love it! She is now laughing and smiling so much.

Last but definitely not least, I love Ryan. He is the best husband ever. I need to be careful not to take advantage of him because anything I ask him to do he will do it. Anything. He is extremely hard working and is always striving to be better. He treats me so well. I wouldn't change a thing about him.

I could go on and on, but I have a busy evening ahead of me. Thanks for listening to me go on and on. Remember to count your many blessings!

3 comments:

lynnie said...

Christy ..... I feel lucky to have had YOU in MY life also. You are the BEST worker and a JOY to have around, I miss you and your positive attitude and smiling face. Enjoy the time you have home with Kate - it will go by very fast. It was so great to see you and Kate the other day.

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

We are all so happy to have you in our lives...What a blessing you are!!

jessica said...

This is SO SWEET! I love you!