I am 4 months old!

Friday, December 19, 2008


My parents are terrible at this whole blogging thing, so I thought I would take a turn and give all of you an update about me. Today is my four month birthday. Mom and Dad took me to my check-up and the mean nurse gave me three shots in the leg. I was NOT happy with her at all. Mom and Dad reassured me that these shots are good, and I need them. I weighed . . . Drum roll please . . . 16 pounds and 6 ounces. My weight is in the 94 percentile. I am 27 inches long, I know! I'm a tall girl. There is no percentage for my length! I can't remember the measurements for my head but it is in the 36 percentile. I guess there are a lot more babies out there that have bigger heads than me. Dr. Escham told Mom and Dad that she normally likes her patients to wait until they are at least 5 months old before they are introduced to rice cereal but she said I can try it now if I want. They are hoping that by doing that they will be able to trick me into sleeping all night long for Mom. Little do they know that I am the one in charge :)

I am the happiest baby when I first wake up. I'm all about smiles and laughing! Mom and I have a good time. She tries to take lots of pictures of me, but when she gets that weird black thing that flashes in front of me, I focus on that and try to figure out what the heck it is. So mom can rarely get a good picture of me smiling. I am figuring out how to roll onto my stomach from my back, but for the life of me I can't figure out yet how to get back onto my back. I HATE being on my stomach. . . most of the time.

I recently discovered my hands, apparently I've had them the whole time but I think they were hiding. Sometimes I wish this little body of mind came with a owners manual because just when I think I have things figured out I usually end up scratching my nose.

By evening time I am exhausted from playing all day, that I get pretty grumpy before bed time. But I do try to throw in a few smiles and laughs for Dad since I only see him in the evening throughout the week. Saturdays and Sundays are my favorite because I get Mom and Dad all day long! They love to play with me and give me all of the attention.

I got in my first accident on Wednesday. It was the scariest thing that has happened to me. Mom and I were on our way to meet Grandma so they could get some Christmas shopping done. I was sleeping in the back. Mom was driving and the light turned yellow, so she did what all good drivers do and stopped so she wouldn't run a red light. Well we had a brilliant 16 year old driver behind us who was distracted, whether it was her two friends, the music, or her cell phone, who didn't notice the light turn red, so she rear ended us going probably 30 mph. It scared the living day lights out of both of us. I screamed for a good fifteen minutes. Mom lost her hat, and got some pretty good whip lash. When the ambulance arrived they spent a good five minutes just playing with me to make sure I was ok. We are both ok. The accident could have been a lot worse.

I am so excited for my first Christmas. I love staring at our Christmas tree, well any Christmas tree for that matter. I'm still not sure what I think of all that white stuff outside. It looks so cold! I can't wait for Santa to come to my house. I hope he brings me lots of presents. I sat on his lap at Babies R Us and he seems like a pretty nice guy!
Well, I am off to my cousin's birthday party. Here are some pictures of me though!

My Cousin Morgan and I

GO UTES!!!!! Sugar bowl here we come
(not really though)

I'm sick of Mom taking all these pictures of me

Here I am passed out on the couch

Santa and I

3 comments:

Ryan and Chantelle said...

The girls are sitting with me looking at the pictures and they love Kate! She is so adorable. I am glad you both are ok. What a week we have both had.

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Oh my my Kate how you have grown!! Love the cheeks. I really like the picture of you passed out on the couch...wish I was right about now.

Toni said...

About time I get some sort of update! I've been worried about you ever since I heard you got in an accident. Glad to hear you're both doing ok (minus some whiplash). Anyway, call me back whenever you get the chance so we can talk about hanging out and Colorado.