7 Days

Saturday, October 17, 2009

That's how many days I've been sick. It all started last Saturday. The day started out so well. We were finishing up the Vegas race. Ryan and I got massages. Went swimming for about a minute. Took a nice long nap in 70 degree weather. We were walking from our hotel room to the restaurants when it hit me. I started getting a really bad headache. By the time we made it to the food court I was shivering. Once we sat down for dinner my whole body was shaking like crazy, and my hands were purple. My sickness had hit me hard in a matter of 5-10 minutes. Saturday night was by far the worst. I've never ever had a headache that bad. I was tossing and turning all night long. I was in tears. I was coughing like mad. I seriously thought my life was coming to an end. Every minute I was throwing my sheets off because I was so hot, then putting them back on me because I was so cold. At about 2:30 in the morning I took some medicine and Ryan was so good to get me a drink of water. I said a little prayer and pleaded that I would be able to sleep for a couple of hours and get feeling a little better. My prayer had been answered! Granted, I woke up with my clothes damp from head to foot, but hey, I was better! Or so I thought. We drove home from Vegas, and I was so excited to see my baby girl. I had missed her oh so very much. Then it hit me, I really wasn't feeling very well. I came home and took my temperature. I believe it was 102.8. Monday, when Ryan got home from work, I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with Swine flu. He put me on Tamiflu (which I personally don't think helped). I found out Tuesday that this flu is going around everywhere. My poor nieces and nephews in Colorado got this terrible sickness. Even little Carter who is Kate's age. It turns out that I wasn't the only one who got this in Vegas. Cousin Jen and friend Drew got it too. :( I wouldn't even wish this illness on my worst enemy.

I am so so happy to say that my fever is gone as of yesterday! To be honest I don't think I could have handled it another day. I've been going crazy. The only good thing that came out of this week was that I was lucky enough to spend so much time with Kate. And what's even better is that she hasn't gotten sick! I am hoping that she won't get sick because we went on Thursday and got her the H1N1 shot. Now we need to make sure Ryan doesn't get sick. But Kate was so so so good this week. It was almost like she knew I was sick, and that she had to be on her best behavior. I think she was in heaven too because she had my undivided attention. We did whatever she wanted. She ate whatever she wanted. We watched whatever she wanted on TV. Life couldn't be better for her! My favorite was when we would just hang out on the couch and she would cuddle up next to me. Usually she's too busy to have the time to cuddle.

Now all I need to be 100% better is to get rid of this nasty cough. I can not wait to get back to normal life. I hope this nice weather sticks around at least one more day or two so I can enjoy it. I can not wait to get back to work. Believe it or not, I've missed it so much! I'm sorry to all of you that I had to cancel this week. Believe me though, I was doing you a favor!

Thank you so so much to all of you that have helped Ryan and I out this week. Thanks for your meals, trips to the grocery store, your concern and prayers, and help. We really appreciate it.

ps Jen and Drew, I am so sorry if I was the one that got you sick. I promise I didn't do it on purpose.

3 comments:

jen said...

Haha oh I know you wouldn't get us sick on purpose! :) Not sure how we all got sick, but it sure sucked!! That's good Kate or Ryan never got it. Neither did Glen thank goodness. I've still got a cough and am blowing my nose like crazy {that's lovely, sorry!} but I'm a million times better than last week! Jesse said Steph thinks she has swine flu now too! I guess it's going around... fun stuff!!

Toni said...

SO sorry you got the epidemic! I knew a few people that have had it, and have always wondered how they knew that's what it was. I guess your doctor diagnosing it was probably your first hint! I hope you get all better soon because I'm about due for a trim. I'm so sad I don't get to see you just whenever anymore! Please let me know if we can do anything for you!

Ryan and Chantelle said...

That sucks! I am sorry but I am glad you are feeling better. It is everywhere I feel like we live in a bubble now, but hey what do you do?