Halloween Extravaganza

Monday, November 2, 2009

We had quite the week last week celebrating Halloween. It started with FHE Monday night. We got together with the Moffitt's and carved our pumpkins. We had a great time. It was a little different this year because we were missing Scott, Jon, and Morgan. But we made the best of the situation! Doesn't Mark look like he's going to seriously do some damage to that pumpkin?! (If you can't tell, that's one LARGE knife he's holding.)

Thursday Kate and I went to Colter's Halloween parade. There were some awesome costumes. Colter's was by far the best in his school! Next in line would have to be Napoleon Dynamite. He was the funniest kid! He stopped in front of us and didn't crack a smile the whole time. Just stared at us the way Napoleon would! Then at the very end he busted out the moon walk. Boston and Brewer looked so cute too! Brewer kept wanting to walk in the parade with everyone!
Friday night Ryan and I participated in a Halloween 5k. Before we started running, we thought we were absolutely crazy! It was FREEZING outside, and Ryan had only ran once since the Vegas relay, and I hadn't ran at all. About a half hour before we left we decided we would show some spirit and dress up. We had very little to work with! Ryan was a beach bum, and I was a baby. (Surprise, surprise! That's really the only thing i dressed up as in elementary school.) It was actually pretty embarrassing. I'm sure no one took me seriously. It was probably entertaining for the people running behind me. I can only imagine running behind a huge pink blob with her hair bouncing all over the place. But we had a lot of fun! My prize for running was a box of girl scout cookies. Ryan's prize was a metal. He took second place in his age division! I took 4th in my age division. It was amazing because the last 1/4 mile, you turned a corner out of a neighborhood, and you got this spectacular view of the Oquirrh Mountain temple. I tried taking a picture afterward, but it didn't turn out very well. It was a fun 5k though. We will probably do it again.
For Halloween Kate was a pumpkin. Isn't she the cutest pumpkin you've ever seen? She hated the stem part of her costume, so we had to leave it off.
We went to Grandma Smith's first and hung out with the Smith kids for a bit. Afterwards we went to Nana and Papa's house and did a little trick - or - treating with cousin Morgan. Kate had so much fun! Surprisingly, I think her favorite part was walking everywhere by herself, not the candy.
After visiting the family, we came home and attempted to pass out candy. Sadly enough, we only had 4 different groups of kids come to our home. Oh well! More candy for us.

We hope everyone had a fabulous Halloween!

6 comments:

jen said...

That's awesome you guys did a 5K... and fun that you dressed up! And yes, Kate was the cutest little pumpkin I've ever seen! So glad I was at my parents house and able to see her!

Kelly said...

you guys are quite the runners. wish i did that. that funny that you dressed up as a baby and ran that way. i cant believe how big kate looks. she is such a cutie and your hair looks really cute. i really like it. see you in 10 days! yay DiSnEyLaNd, here we come!

Kelly said...

oh ya. i keep forgetting about that. so we will see you in 4 days.

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

What a cute little pumpkin you have! I can not wait to see here in only THREE days! So funny you were a baby. Man we all have some great memories from our years of Halloween as a kid, I was always a baby too! Or as Kelly said always wearing warm PJ's. Hey maybe sometime you could teach me how to run?!?

parkandlinds said...

Cute pictures, looks like you guys had quite the fun-filled festive week!

jana said...

What would I ever do without my sweet pumpkin face girl Kate? I love her so much. She is the cutest pumpkin ever. What fun we had this Halloween. Thanks for such a cute baby you two.