Jon's so observant

Friday, May 23, 2008

So I'm sure you noticed that I added a baby counter thingie and some music to our Blog, but Jon in his infinite wisdom pointed out that "Widgets" (Jess I still don't know what that means), are not the purpose of a blog but rather a fringe benefit to the page. He's right.

So in honor of Jon's no nonsense way of looking at life, here are the straight forward thoughts and recent happenings in my life...

This weekend I'm painting my Mother in law's house. I hope we can get a lot of people to come and help so it won't take me 2 weeks to complete but I'm trying to maintain low expectations so I can be pleasantly surprised.

Christy's baby is awesome... She moves around a lot but when I talk to her she holds still while she listens, she's such an obedient child.

David Cook won American Idol. At first this bugged me because I liked having a Utah Boy in the finals, but when I really thought about it I think I'd rather listen to the kind of music David Cook will put out. I think David Archuletta should team up with Disney and Josh Groban and make the Ultimate High School Musical Movie.

Christy is kind of disappointed in me right now. I was trying to grow out my hair so I could look like Josh Groban (seriously look at me next to him, we could almost be twins) and I whimped out. It was frustrating having longer hair and it felt like it was starting to get in my face. Maybe I'll buy a wig.

I thought Baptisms for the Dead was this morning so I got up really early and went to the church... No one else was there so I guess I got the weeks mixed up, now I'm really tired.

I've whole-heartedly decided my next car will be a Hybrid, even if gas prices somehow magically come down.

When I was at Lake Powell with my Brother in law Parker (Thanks Parker, I had a lot of fun) everyone had Blackberrys but I didn't have one. It made me want one a little, especially because I think you can get some good games on them and you can use Google to find stuff. They are kind of expensive and I really don't need one, so I won't get one.

Any of the Harry Potter movies now put me to sleep in about 30 seconds. I would always put one on while I fell asleep and I have developed a Pavlovian (sp?) response to them. I hope I never see any of the cast on the street or I'll probably pass out.

My Neighbor cut my front lawn earlier this week... That is such an awesome thing to do, but I haven't seen him outside so I haven't thanked him. I kind of feel weird now because he is probably thinking that I either didn't notice or I don't appreciate it.

My 10 year High School Reunion is coming up in August and I'm feeling a little weird about it recently. I went onto the reunion blog and there are links to other peoples blogs. I ended up bouncing around from Blog to Blog and seeing all these people I used to know really well and I feel dumb because I haven't spoken to many of them since High School. Its also weird to see them with families and responsible adult like lives... I just remember us all being silly kids.

Anyway, I hope Jon likes this post. I tried to keep it as honest and observant as I could in honor of his funny way of looking at life.

4 comments:

jessica said...

ha ha ha! You crack me up! I love this post! I laughed so hard!
Your guys' new blog is way cooler than mine.

Maybe you should have Christy bake the neighbor some treats!

Love you guys!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, but you with long hair wouldn't work, good thing you cut it.

Tessa sends her love.

Thom and Laci Quist said...

So I was going thurough my old emails clearing out my inbox, when I came across an email from you. It said you had a blog. I just started blogging not too long ago. I am glad I came across it because I learned you are pregnant. Congrats. When are you due?

Toni said...

Oh whatever, you guys are funny! A blog can be about whatever you want it to be. There are no guidelines. I like your style just like it is!