SuRpRiSe! (not)

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

On Spetember 24th Ryan turned a big 3-0! I know that this is a big deal so I thought I would throw him a surprise birthday partay. I was so excited to do this because Ryan hates surprises, and I thought it would be so fun for him to be surprised. I thought that the only way to keep it a surprise was to let everyone know via phone. I text everyone, and called everyone that doesn't text. I would then erase all the texts so there was no proof. Well unfortunately I was too slow at erasing some texts. One Sunday morning I received a text while getting ready for church. Ryan was curious to see who was texting me, so he opened my phone and saw who it was from, then it made him even more curious what she had to say to me, so he opened it and all it said was "I'm sorry, Ryan and I can't make it". So that made Ryan even MORE curious, and he went to my sent texts and found the one I sent to everyone about the surprise party.
My bad! It was still so much fun though! Luckily he didn't tell me he knew about it until we pulled into the house. I thought I was doing so good, I even had him reading me an email from his phone when we pulled into the neighborhood so he wouldn't see any of the cars.
I feel like we had a great turnout! Lots of friends and family came to celebrate. We ate food, hung out, roasted marsh mellows, and had fun!
I'm sad though that I didn't get my camera out til the very end, so I wasn't able to capture ALL the fun that was happening.

Kate, me, birthday boy, Greg, Jess, Megan, and Jon
Cute Morgan, Andy, and birthday boy
(and Jess!)
Lori, Tyson, Gavin, Christian, Ashlee, Carter, Ryan, me, Kate, Taryn, Ryan, and Everett
The ladies!
Thank you EVERYONE! I couldn't have done this party without all your help and support.
Happy Birthday Ryan!
I love you.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for inviting us. We are glad we got to see your house. We had a good time. The friend pic turned out well.

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

That story is so funny...sorry he caught you. Looks like you guys had a great time...wish we could of been there, oh wait we would need to be invited first. HAHAHA I guess we need to move closer so we can be invited. Miss you guys!

jessica said...

the party was AWESOME! thanks for inviting us! you are such a darling wife! xo

Christy said...

I'm sorry for not inviting the Gollhofer's and Neeley's. I should have, because I know you would've come out here just for the party!

jana said...

One of these days Ryan we will really surprise you. I think that you have known every surprise I have ever tried to pull off. That includes even Christmas. You always knew everything you silly boy. Love you, you 30 year old. Wow what does that make me?