Our second visit to the doctor

Sunday, February 24, 2008

On Wednesday we went to my second doctor's appointment. I still wasn't feeling very well. That morning was a tough morning for me. So when we went to the appointment, I was already emotional. They took my weight, then took us into our room. The nurse came in to take my blood pressure, and asked me if I was ok because I have lost some weight, and they were concerned. Once she left, I broke down. I was worried that somehow I was harming the baby. Then the doctor came in and said the exact same thing, so that didn't help. I started crying again, and you could tell he felt bad. He said we need to do something to make me feel better. He pulled out the Doppler, and we were FINALLY able to hear the baby's heartbeat. (We weren't able to at the last appt because he had to take off and go deliver two babies. . . How rude!) It was so awesome. It made everything feel so real. There really is a human being growing inside of me! I heard it! It's probably in my head, but I feel like ever since Wednesday, I'm feeling better every day. Either it is because I was able to hear the heartbeat, or because I'm starting my second trimester! Take your pick. I am 14 weeks today! We will be able to find out whether we're having a boy or a girl at our next appt! March 26th is the big day. We can't wait to find out. Then we can start getting the room ready. Ryan is most excited to re-paint the whole room a different color :) We still aren't sure what we want to do with the room, but Im sure it'll come with time. If you have any cute idea's just let us know.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh chris! You are so cute! I remember thinking that everything I did would hurt the baby! It is a stressful thing and it is hard to get over. Don't get too stressed about the weight thing. I didn't gain any weight until i was about 22 weeks and then in my third trimester I lost a lot of weight and Linc was just fine. They just had me drink ensure to put on some weight. It isn't so bad. You and baby will be just fine. I am glad you got to hear the heart beat! Scott missed it the first time I got to hear it. Isn't that just the most amazing experience? I am so happy for you two!

jessica said...

So glad you are feeling better! We love you!

Toni said...

Hearing the heart beat is SO exciting! I'm glad you guys got to hear that finally. I have a similar weight story... I would always feel SO bad because I didn't gain much weight until my 3rd trimester. I felt like my OB was disappointed in me. Then when I gained like 8 lbs. in 2 weeks, she seemed disappointed again that I was gaining too fast! I'm sure she wasn't really disappointed, I was just emotional. It is what it is with weight gain, you can't help it usually and everyone is different.

Holley and Luke Burbank said...

Christy this is holley... i just had to say hello cuz i found your blog and now i am so excited to keep up on your life!

jessica said...

And please let me help decorate the baby's room---please please please! thank you.

Niki said...

Yay!! I am so happy for you two. I can't imagine how awesome that is to hear the baby's heart beat. Let me know when you find out pink or blue :)

Lori said...

I'm glad you got to hear the heartbeat. That is the best and gives that reassurance you need.

Tiffany said...

What! I just read that you're having a BABY! Congrats! Now you have a house too! You've grown up on me!!!!!! What am I going to do???????? I'm so excited! Can't wait to hear all about your next adventures!