The 3rd time's the ChArM

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We have taken Kate swimming three times now and the first two times she did not like it AT ALL. The first time we took her was out in Colorado. We went to an indoor pool. Every time there was even the tiniest splash she would freak out. We thought that if we kept trying to get in the pool she would eventually warm up to the idea. We were unfortunately wrong. I think we really wore her out because the second we wrapped her up in a towel and gave her a binki, she was out.

Our second attempt was at the Homestead with the Moffitt's. Now don't let this smile trick you. This was in the room before we headed to the pool. We thought she would for sure like it better because the water was actually warm. Once again, she fussed almost the whole time. We thought that maybe if we gave her the binki in the pool she would enjoy it more. I'm sure Jess was in heaven because when we gave her the binki she was all cuddly with Jess in the pool!

The third time finally came! I was really nervous thinking she was going to hate it, and she LOVED it! Although this picture doesn't do it justice, she was smiling and splashing the whole time! It was so much fun. I don't know if it was the fact that we were outside that made the difference because the other two times were indoor pools.

We are extremely excited for this Summer and to be able to play and enjoy our time outside. Kate is always in heaven outside. If she's ever fussy, just take her outside, and she'll immediately stop!

3 comments:

jessica said...

wooo hooo! hooray for ms. kate & her pool adventures! and yes, i was in heaven with that little lovie all snuggled up close to me.

i can't wait for newport & lots of sunshine this summer. can't wait, can't wait, can't wait....

jen said...

Fun! Was that yesterday?? Kelly said you guys were going swimming yesterday. So jealous. Well I sat in my chair at work for 8 hrs...bet you're jealous about that!

Oh and P.S. I'm so freaking sore I can hardly move. I probably shouldn't have run 4 more miles last night. My legs are NOT happy! But I kinda love it! :)

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

I am so happy she likes to swim now. When we are there we will have to hit the pool a few times! Yeah for the pool and sunshine!