Wasatch Back Relay

Monday, June 1, 2009

As most of you don't know, I am running in the Ragnar Relay June 19th. Call me crazy! I can't tell you how excited I am though. I have never ran in a relay before so it's a big step to start with something like this. But I can do it! My biggest supporter believe it or not has been wonderful Baby Kate. She comes along with me on all my runs. I know I need a jogging stroller but this stroller has actually worked out really well for us. Here is Kate all bundled up ready to go! (Ready to take a nap really but it works.) You can actually see some snow in the background! I think this picture was taken either in Feb or March.


Our team consists of Uncle Gary, Cousins Jen and her boyfriend Glen, Matt, Greg, Natalie, and Kim on my side of the family. Sister Jaclyn. Cousin Mike on Ryan's side of the fam. Then Natalie has two friends that joined us.
Tonight was great! Half of our team totally bonded. Matt, Greg, Mike, Jaclyn, Jen, and I ran up to our cabin from the bottom of our gate. For those of you that know where that is, you know how steep it gets. We didn't figure out exactly, but we think it's 3.3 miles. We cleaned our cabin spotless. Then down we came! Uncle Gary joined us on the way down. It was so much fun! I am actually giving myself too much credit though. On the way up, I walked most the time. But on the way down was a whole different story!
I'm going running in the morning with a friend, so after that Ill have an even better idea of whats it going to be like running in the race. For those of you who don't know how it works, we have twelve runners. Every one has 3 different legs they run. Each leg consists of between 3-8 miles. We start in Logan at 8:30 am on Friday June 19th, and end in Park City on the 20th. Some of us will run at 2 in the afternoon and some of us will run at 2 in the morning! We will have a few hours in between each leg to rest, and try to sleep before our next leg.
If anyone has any advice I would gladly take it! I'm so thrilled to have this experience. I know I'm not the fasted, and I know our team wont win, But I do know that I will start this race, and finish this race and I will be so proud of myself!
GO TEAM NAT & CO!!!!
Sorry for the major gap in our blogs. Life is busy! I have no idea where you guys get your time to blog. I wish I had at least 5 more hours every day to get things done. Where does time go? You would think that I would have plenty of time with Kate waking up between 6-6:30 now. I guess I just find other things to fill my time. Also, I would try and blog and every time I tried to add a picture, we would lose our Internet connection. So frustrating! Luckily Ryan fixed it though. No more excuses. I have tons to blog about so hopefully there will be lot more to come in the near future. No more waiting for 3 months! (My last blog was February, the others were Ryan)

3 comments:

jen said...

Yay for the Wasatch Back!! I can't wait. If you ever want to run on the Jordan Parkway, let me know. I love it. So any night after like 5:30 I could meet you there.

And we have the same background on our blogs!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

You guys are brave!! How cute is Kate all bundled up!?! I am sure she has loved all your runs together. I'm excited to hear all about the relay...go team! And yes it has been to long since you've blogged!

Operationkids said...

Hey Christy!

It looks like you’re gearing up for the Wasatch Back. You’re going to have a blast it’s challenging but a lot of fun.

Be sure to stop by one of our Operation Kids booths.

Your team can be a “Ragnar Raiser” or a “Ragnar Life Changer”

Ragnar Raiser Status: For a $30 donation (or $360 donation as a team) you receive a “Best Buddies” wristband and you will sponsor 1 Best Buddies pair in the 2010 Best Buddies 5k Walk/Run.

Ragnar Life Changer Status: For $4,500 donation as a team, each member of the team receives a “Best Buddies” wristband, “Ragnar Life Changer Status” on your bib # and vans, and an iPOD shuffle –and you will sponsor 12 Best Buddies pairs in the 2010 Best Buddies 5k Walk/Run.

You can also make a $5 donation making you eligible to win some fabulous prizes that Operation Kids will be giving away at the finish line on June 20.

We’ll see you out there!

-Operation Kids