Ugly Sweater Christmas Party

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I know we are well into January now, but I was looking through our pictures and had some fond memories of our first family "Ugly Sweater Christmas Party" that I had to share. (I know most of you have already seen similar pictures, but just humor me!)
Ryan and I had an absolute BLAST searching for our perfect sweaters for this special occasion. We went to the D.I. and couldn't help but laugh the entire time we were there. What made it even better was when we were standing in line getting ready to pay, and old friend came up to us to say hi and mentioned that he was there to find a sweater for his party. Ryan quickly asked me to show him the sweater and turtleneck he was going to be wearing. As soon as I showed it, you heard this lady behind us ask, "You (pointing at Ryan) are seriously going to wear THAT?!" She thought it was hilarious, and that we were joking. Well, we do have these pictures to prove it.
I must say, I am a little disappointed that Kate didn't make the top five. (Yes, we took a vote. Ryan ranked number 3) It never happens that you want your child to look ugly. I guess there is a first for everything. Now I know Kate isn't wearing a "sweater", but this is the ugliest shirt I have ever seen a baby wear before.
Ryan and I will for sure keep on participating in the Ugly sweater contest. I know my goal for next year is to make it in the top 5! And Ryan would love to stay in the top 5.

Kate loves to hide her Kitty, bottle, and an apple in her pockets!
What makes this picture even better is that Parker and Lindsi went shopping in Mom's closet, and Kelly's sweater shrunk a TON when she washed it.
Our beautiful, I mean ugly sweaters.
The whole fam damly (Yes, that is Russ's belly you see)
Ryan modeling his sweater to make sure it would work for the party.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, Ryan's sweater should have by far won 1st place. Wow, that is ugly. No one can vote for a baby having ugly clothes because they always make everything look cute.

Cami said...

Christy, hey it's Cami! Your bog is too cute. First of all, I can't get over the turtle neck and sweater combo from Ryan - that's awesome.
And second, way to go with the mini van. We totally realized that it is all about status to get anything else because we love our van. There is more room for people and stuff, and you know all the pros I'm sure. Although it was hard for me to finally accept that I was a minivan mom!
Glad I found your blog!

Toni said...

That contest is hilarious! I can't believe Ryan didn't make number one.

P.S. Good call on Kate's shirt. I haven't seen much worse myself. ;) It just shows how dang cute she is.

jen said...

I'm still soooooo sad I missed this party. I'll be there next year for sure though! I love Ryan's turtleneck...too funny. I think you kinda had to look like a pedifile (sp?) to win the contest though!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

I have a great idea! Ryan needs to bring this sweater with him to Disneyland. Then when he is in the Cruela DeVille fashion show again...he will TOTALLY kick butt! Just a thought!